What is the Miracle Swimming Movement?
It's a 39-year old unrelenting crusade to fulfill the dreams of adult learn-to-swim students, backed by the indomitable spirit of a few 100%-committed thought leaders and expert instructors who hold that:
- The essential information for learning to swim is missing from most traditional adult swimming lessons
- Learning to swim must be fun, safe, gentle, and easy.
- Learning to swim should happen the 1st times someone tries.
- Learning to swim is learning to be peaceful and competent in water over one's head, not necessarily learning strokes.
- An adult must become a swimmer—competent in deep water—before s/he can become an efficient swimmer: doing strokes in deep water. More.
- An adult who is not peaceful and competent in water over his/her head cannot swim yet.
- We only work with fearful adults: to us, they are the most fun!
- Our system is applicable to all fears. In Sarasota, Florida, we also teach Dismantling Fear, Goodbye, Fear of Flying and from time to time, Say Goodbye to Claustrophobia.